Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Do you really believe in the impossible?

This past Sunday I heard a great Pastor here in the city of Detroit ask the question do you really believe in the impossible? While sitting there in service I was took back to the book that I just recently got done reading called "The Christian Atheist". The book made me open my eyes and look at my faith that I have in God. I questioned myself while reading this book. Sadly to say I had come to the conclusion that I was a Christian Atheist.Yes, this girl who was brought up in the church was a Christian Atheist. I was walking around believing in God but acting as though He just didn't exist until I was going through something. Alot of people might be surprise by my confession but it was said once before that confession is good for the soul and the word says confess your fault one to another. Writer Craig Groeschel wrote this book from his own personal experience. The bible says in Titus 1:36 "They claim to know God, but by their actions deny Him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good."  Perhaps you might question why I am writing about this and how to you this is something that us Christian's shouldn't want to be revealed but I realized that I'll rather reveal myself then to have God do it because when God do the revealing it will be worse then what we would have ever thought of. But however, I am a recovering Christian Atheist. I was the type that believed in God but when I prayed I had no faith. I believed in God to the point where I thought He wouldn't come through. I even believed in God to the point where I would get mad because He would bless everyone around me, ha, everyone but me. "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." (2. Cor 10:5) Alot of times we take what we know that's not of God and make it of Him. We would rather spend all day doing the wrong just to avoid doing whats right. We would take and wrap ourselves up in so much drama just to face the truth. I know I know I am doing to much and I just might be making you mad but this is my story of how Christ gave me another chance to believe in Him COMPLETELY. In one chapter of the book the Christian Atheist Groeschel speaks on how we have to "can all excuses"! Now that's something we have to learn to really let go of and not look at. We would spend alot of time coming up with excuses and worry to the point where we miss where God is taking us. Its never too late to start trusting and believing in God totally.

No comments:

Post a Comment